The EarthAction Network is an international organization based in Amherst. The Network includes over 2,500 civil society organizations in 163 countries. EarthAction carries out global campaigns on environment, development, peace, governance and human rights issues. Visit www.earthaction.org for more information.
EarthAction also coordinates several projects, most notably 2020 Action.
2020 Action distributes monthly action postcards to its members. Each postcard is focused on a timely US environment or peace issue and has all the information needed to send a personal message to a policymaker facing a decision on that issue.
Interns will work in our Amherst office on the following:
- Marketing for new members (2020 Action)
- Researching, writing and submitting fundraising proposals
- Writing and distributing newsletters, action postcards, etc.
- Maintaining databases and membership management tools
- Responding to requests for information and materials
- Developing and maintaining project websites
- Developing and managing our social media presence
Required skills, interests and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle several projects at once
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Good organizational skills
- Commitment to peace, justice and the environment
- Experienced user of social media
- Experience with websites (or a quick study)
Desired skills & qualities:
- Positive and cheerful attitude
Hours: Minimum 5-10 hours a week with a 3 month commitment. There is a potential for a paid internship with work-study in the fall.
Pay or course credit: Volunteers, interns or work study students. Course credit can be arranged.
To apply, please email resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.